Do you like to cook and eat good food? Would you like to learn new recipes and techniques? Do you enjoy working with children?
If so, please consider volunteering for Apples to Zucchini Cooking School! We teach children and their families how to prepare delicious, nutritious, affordable meals made from real food. Most of our classes are in the afternoon. We ask you to commit to one class per week for 8-10 weeks.
The time is generally 2 hr in the afternoon, depending on school dismissal and location.
Duties include the following:
- assisting a professional chef in teaching grade-school students various cooking techniques
- directing students in cleaning up the cooking space
- enjoying the meal and engaging conversation with the students
To sign up for volunteer time, contact Terra Hillyer at email@example.com
We are looking for an organized person to create and manage a grants calendar for this start-up non-profit. Tasks will include
- researching foundations to determine if there is a fit
- creating a spreadsheet with information about up-coming grant deadlines
- helping to write and collate grants for submission.
Specific experience in this field is not necessary; being organized is necessary.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Nancy Martz at firstname.lastname@example.org